1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Eggnog. No-one drinks hot chocolate when it's 40 degrees Celcius.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa places the coal directly into the stockings.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Coloured on the tree, when I have one. There are motion activated spotlights on the outside to deter small children. Just like Halloween.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. Not sure if it grows in Oz even.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Last-minute if at all.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
7. Favorite Holiday memory?
When a toddler, noticing my father jingling some bells behind his back whilst pointing at "Santa flying over the roof'. Dr Dork is a born cynic.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?No.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Haphazardly, if at all.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it, but it's not too common in an Australian summer.
12. Can you ice skate?
Very badly but technically yes. I broke my coccyx in an ice-skating mishap as a teenager.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What’s the most important thing?
Reinforcing the need for compassion, for helping/giving to others. And meringues.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
See 6. And 14.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
The backyard post-lunch cricket match with the extended family that has been continuing for decades.
17. What tops your tree?
Is not to be repeated in a PG rated blog.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving, of course.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Little Drummer Boy, Charley Pride rendition.
20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum?OK....but I tend to re-use them each year. So they get a little stale.
Dr Dork understands that he is now meant to 'tag' several others who may wish to participate. So will tag :
A fellow Antipodean Barbados Butterfly
A fellow anachronism #1 Dinosaur
A fellow traveller Shiny Happy Person
A fellow curmudgeon Dr John Crippen
And DB, for the stimulating debate that has been evolving in his blog on the topic of
"personal responsiblity". Even though our opinions appear irreconcilable.
PS- please don't feel obligated if tagged. Dr Dork is aware that this is almost encroaching on chain mail territory. You will not develop a suppurating pustulence throughout your nether regions by ignoring the meme.
Well, probably not.